Postal Stamps, Labels, Envelopes, Postcards, and whatever else that can give us an excellent opportunity to examine the conflict through contemporary items in the participant's daily lives. I am not a partisan of either side of the conflict, but just a curious neophyte.

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Business Must Go On

I don’t have much to say about this post card that I picked up a while ago-except to say, that I am somewhat shocked that in the midst of a conflict with the Nationalists whom of course were supported by the Germans there would be correspondence between the Nazi German capital and Republican Barcelona.
I think this is an inter library loan card mailed on March 25th, 1937 from Berlin (Bibliothek Der Sternwarte Berlin-Babelsberg) to the Academic Library of Science and Arts in Barcelona. The bibliothek was the Berlin Observatory’s library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to be an Easier Way

I have had this cover for some time and I when I picked it up it was because I was intrigued by the ingenuity of the sender's placemen...