Postal Stamps, Labels, Envelopes, Postcards, and whatever else that can give us an excellent opportunity to examine the conflict through contemporary items in the participant's daily lives. I am not a partisan of either side of the conflict, but just a curious neophyte.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Eureka!!

OK, I have been picking up several censored and other Spanish covers, postcards, and stamps in a rush to immerse myself in the subject-which of course comes with spending some $$. However, this in the long run isn't going to work for me. I needed to determine at what angle to approach this subject and the collection. So, after some reflection what I have figured out is that what I am really interested in are; patriotic overprints of Republican stamps by Nationalists, "cinderellas" such as local on and off cover postal issues, propaganda, fund raising, culture, and other topics, propaganda postcards, and military covers, postcards, and stamps.


I am also looking to pick up examples of the various censor stamps and tapes. As well as modern post-war issues that mark the conflict-and last but not least refugee items related to the conflict.

 So Eureka!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to be an Easier Way

I have had this cover for some time and I when I picked it up it was because I was intrigued by the ingenuity of the sender's placemen...